|Iota Nu Delta|
|Founded||February 7, 1994
Iota Nu Delta uplifts its men in their duties: to serve, to lead, and to accomplish greater things in life. Bound by Brotherhood Eternal, we shall:Cultivate lifelong academic and professional excellence. Extend meaningful service to humanity and leadership in society.
Promote understanding of the diverse South Asian cultures.
|Motto||Is The Fire In You?
Imitated Never Duplicated
|Colors||Orange and Green|
|Publication||The ΙNΔ Insider|
|Chapters||13 Chapters & 14 Colonies|
|Emblem||Rose over Sword|
|Headquarters||New York, NY, US|
Iota Nu Delta (ΙΝΔ, also IND) is the first South Asian interest college fraternity. IND was founded in 1994 at the State University of New York at Binghamton. It is a member of the North-American Interfraternity Conference.
On February 7, 1994, eight male students at Binghamton University founded the first South-Asian Interest Greek Organization. Their stated goal in forming the organization was to bridge the gaps between people of different backgrounds, ethnicity, and cultures while promoting South Asian cultural awareness. Iota Nu Delta Fraternity, Inc. is South Asian based, but is not exclusive to men of South-Asian origin.
The first eight members, known as the national Founding Fathers, of Iota Nu Delta Fraternity, Inc. are:
- Sachin Chopra
- Varun Gujral
- Ankur Desai
- Renjy Vattasseril
- Stanley Jacob
- Shaiju Eapen
- Samir Chopra
- Johri Mathew
Iota Nu Delta has established mental health awareness and advocacy as its primary philanthropic focus and works in partnership with Active Minds.
Additionally, Iota Nu Delta supports bone marrow advocacy through theNational Marrow Donor Program & SAMAR (South Asian Marrow Association of Recruiters). Iota Nu Delta is also involved with several other national non-profit organizations including the United Service Organizations, Association for India’s Development, and SAALT (South Asian Americans Leading Together).
Chapters & Colonies
- Alpha Chapter (Α) – State University of New York at Binghamton
- Beta Chapter (Β) – New York University
- Gamma Chapter (Γ) – Drexel University
- Delta Chapter (Δ) – State University of New York at Buffalo
- Epsilon Chapter (E) – State University of New York at Stony Brook
- Zeta Chapter (Ζ) – University of Debrecen
- Eta Chapter (Η) – University of Maryland, College Park
- Theta Chapter (Θ) – George Washington University and Georgetown University
- Iota Chapter (Ι) – St. John’s University
- Kappa Chapter (Κ) – Temple University
- Lambda Chapter (Λ) – Long Island University
- Mu Chapter (Μ) – Rutgers University – New Brunswick Campus
- Xi Chapter (Ξ) – New York Institute of Technology – Old Westbury Campus
- North Carolina State University
- City University of New York – Baruch College
- The Pennsylvania State University
- Johns Hopkins University
- University of Pittsburgh
- The University of Texas at San Antonio
- The University of Texas at Austin
- East Carolina University
- The City College of New York
- Boston University
- University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
- Hofstra University
- New York City Colony
- New Jersey Institute of Technology